Subject: Crystals and refraction (was Re: WaveLink Dilemma )
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 94 13:27:47 EDT

> But, after working awhile, I have an excellent crystal surface.
> The settings can be a little unorthodox, but some may not be aware of the
> possibilties.

What do you mean by unorthodox?

> Or, I see that LW Pro has a refractive acticle in the upcoming October
> issue and we can just wait.

Well, I can pretty much guarantee you won't be reading about examples of
simulating crystal surfaces in that article (I wrote it). But it does pretty
well cover just about everything you need to know about using refraction
in LW (theory, mechanics, examples, and some tricks). I had considered
adding a mini tutorial on gemstones, but that will have to wait till another
issue.
%~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%
%   Mark (I'd rather be back in Maui) Thompson          `       '          %
%                                                  --==* RADIANT *==--     %
%         [email-masked]                        ' Image `          %
%        (508)392-2480 (603)424-1829                   Productions         %
%                                                                          %
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~